new

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Go Green... with your kids summer clothes


Everyone is trying to save MONEY!! Everyone is trying to go GREEN!! Buying summer clothes for your kids at a second hand shop isn't a new idea, but it saving money and going green at the same time. Recycling doesn't have to only be about your cans and newspaper. While living out of the country I learned that recycling or going green was also about using the things you have on hand such as; fruit in season and local products. This cuts down on the gas driving out of season strawberries to where you live or the wood used build a deck. This was a new idea for me! I had never thought about it before!

Sarah clothes I bought from Once Upon a Child. I found almost new clothes and name brands. Not pictured above, I also bought her 3 more dresses, 5 skirts 2 outfits and 4 pairs of shorts, and Joshua 2 outfits (I spent around $100). For Joshua, I asked friends who had little boys for their hand-me-downs. People were happy to give me their clothes. I received 5 trash bags full of 3T, 4T, & 5T sizes of clothes for him and they were FREE! Not only did this save a ton of money, we were also saving those clothes from ending up in a dump some where down the road.

4 comments:

Portsmouth market, Dominica

Portsmouth market, Dominica