new

Monday, March 1, 2010

A Matching Set



Yesterday was my first shift at work off orientation. Alicia, my sister-in-law, and I are both working weekends in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). My brother calls Alicia around 10 am telling her that Anna (4 1/2 years) was hit with a block by Tyler (2 years) and they are in the ER. It's a small cut under her left eye, but needs to be treated.
Okay, So Alicia is going to run down and check on them. About 5 minutes later I get a phone call from the hospital day care. Sarah fell off the teeter totter and buster her chin.

By the way, Sarah and Joshua's first day at day care! They need me to come and look and she probably needs to be see in the ER. When Alicia gets back from checking on Anna, I run to the day care and take Sarah to the ER. Both girls get derma-bond (skin glue) and a steri strip (tape). They were seen within an hour of each other. Crazy story right? Well, while we were in the ER, Sarah says "Look Mommy, there is Emma". Emma is Ann'a favorite baby doll. There was a doll behind the counter at the ER, but I just thought it was the hospital's doll (it's a pediatric ER and it was kid friendly). Around 5pm my brother calls Alicia and tells her that he has lost Emma!! I told her that Sarah found Emma, she is in the ER!!!! So, Alicia runs down and saves Emma. It was a big day all around.

2 comments:

  1. What a crazy story. What are the odds? How'd dinner go the other night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was yumo! I cooked the broccoli with the rice with onions and seasoning. Then I put it in a baking dish, added the left over roasted chicken pieces and topped with some cheese and broiled it. I was surprised that the broccoli wasn't too mushy ( I was worried it would be) and still had some bite to it. It's funny that my kids prefers their food to be mixed together. I think it's from when we first were in Dominica and Joshua was taking solids, but not ready for big kid food. I made a lot of "casseroles" with the veggies and meat with a starch. It was easy for him to eat, but I didn't have to cook a separate meal.

    ReplyDelete

Portsmouth market, Dominica

Portsmouth market, Dominica